Gold Supporter
May 15, 2019
Bridgewater, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Previous owner left the Polaris 280 vac in the pool. The reverse valve broke last season. I bought a new one and now vac doesn't suck up anything. In the beginning it use to just move around. Now it doesn't do anything. I wanted to just get rid of it and not use a vac. I have been manually cleaning bottom of my pool and been really good with that. My question is, after remove the vac attachment from the pool wall, do I need to plug that pipe or can I use that to divert the water in to the pool. Not sure how that portion works. There is a another small motor attach to the pump as well. I am assuming it assisting the pump for vac or for extra suction?

Can anyone help? I can get you more images if you need more info. Here is link to my pool equipment setup. New video by Kunjan Shah

That vac is a pressure vac. So the small motor/pump is for that vac. If you leave it all as is, a small amount of return flow will go through that pump to the pool through the line for the vac. That is ok. If you remove the pump, you could plumb that line as an additional return.

Remember, the Polaris is a pressure vac. Not a suction vac. It had a bag / filter attached to it that collected the dirt / material.

It is OK to disconnect the vac from the pipe in the wall. You do not need to plug the pipe. Some water will be returned to the pool through that pipe. That is OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.