Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My polaris is programmed to run 8-10am and seems to work fine (I'm not there to see it). I wanted to run it again while I was there during the day and the pump was running as normal so I turned on "cleaner" and it ran but super slow and barely did anything at all. Is there something that I'm missing when trying to run it outside of the programmed hours? The pool co. set up the 8-10am program

What automation system do you have? Please add that to your signature, along with your pool volume, pump, pool cleaner and test kit.

Do you have a booster pump to run the Polaris? If so and the pump is running but the cleaner barely moves, check the hose in the pool that connects to it. Mine had an inline screen filter in it that was clogged and was slowing it down.

If your Jandy pump is a VS pump, it may be running at low RPM when you manually click on cleaner. You may need to set up a program for your cleaner on your VS pump for higher RPM. Confirm if you have AquaLink automation.

You may also want to post a picture of your equipment pad, so we can see the layout of the pump and booster pump

Do you have a booster pump to run the Polaris? If so and the pump is running but the cleaner barely moves, check the hose in the pool that connects to it. Mine had an inline screen filter in it that was clogged and was slowing it down.
This I assume? I’ll take a look at it.
also, right at the quick connect, where that black rubber piece is, do I keep that fully tight or a little loose? It was a little loose allowing pressure out and I tightened it a little
2B4982A5-8B4E-416C-BEDF-D77734ECA2A7.jpeg

Yes, that's it. And I believe the other thing should be fairly tight. I think it's a pressure relief valve.

Sometimes there is a hole in the relief valve. Also check the filter for debris.

Finally, remove the connector from the wall and look inside and make sure the orifice hole in the disc is clear.

polaris 280.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6XSBChamps

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is a tiny pipe and it may be restricting the flow. I would pull out the orifice out of the wall and see how it runs. Also, are you running the main pump at the same time?

Finally, what is the blue o-ring sitting on top of the main pump?

That is a tiny pipe and it may be restricting the flow. I would pull out the orifice out of the wall and see how it runs. Also, are you running the main pump at the same time?

Finally, what is the blue o-ring sitting on top of the main pump?
You put me on the right track. I pulled out the orafice from the wall and there was debris just inside prohibiting the water pressure out.
greatly appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
That is a tiny pipe and it may be restricting the flow.
My booster pump is plumbed with 3/4" PVC (hard pipe - not flexible) and works fine. In fact the inlet and outlet connections on the pump are 3/4". Now my suction line coming up to the pad is 1.5" as is the pipe leading to the pool.

Sometimes there is a hole in the relief valve. Also check the filter for debris.

Finally, remove the connector from the wall and look inside and make sure the orifice hole in the disc is clear.

View attachment 360436
Hi I’ve got same issue. Lots of pressure coming out the side of the relief valve. Doesn’t seem to change when I tighten or loosen. Can a valve go bad?

Reactions: HermanTX
Yes, it can. All the parts of a Polaris wear out eventually. If tightening the pressure relief doesn't do anything, you can replace the valve inexpensively.

Well, I figured it out. The cap had popped off the relief valve side. I had an old one in my parts box and all the sudden lights went on and I put the old one back on and everything’s working just great.

I forgot to take a picture of the jet set up before when I took it apart to see if it was the belt so I’m having to re-figure that but that’s all it was. Didn’t even see the cap at the bottom of the pool anywhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.