Polaris 280 not moving, pressure valve blowing

Nov 18, 2014
Argyle TX
I have a Polaris 280 that recently stopped moving. The booster pump is working fine. I checked the filter screen and found it quite dirty and even split. I replaced that as well as the backup valve and no change. Next move was to replace the pressure valve, still no change. While I had the cleaner out of the water and the pressure valve removed I tried blowing through the hose and was able to move air through the hose and out of the cleaner so I assumed there is no clogs down line from the reverse valve. Suggestions?

Stuart

With the filter clogged and split you probably got debris clogging the Water Management hose internally or the small jets that shoot water up to power it. You need to open it up and check all the water paths are open.

I have a Polaris 280 that recently stopped moving. The booster pump is working fine. I checked the filter screen and found it quite dirty and even split. I replaced that as well as the backup valve and no change. Next move was to replace the pressure valve, still no change. While I had the cleaner out of the water and the pressure valve removed I tried blowing through the hose and was able to move air through the hose and out of the cleaner so I assumed there is no clogs down line from the reverse valve. Suggestions?

Stuart
I know this is an old thread but… Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I am having this issue, though no debris no cracked screen, etc. Pressure fine in large filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.