Polaris 280 backup pressure keeps tangling the hose

MNINE

Aug 20, 2022
Replaced filter cartridges, which is giving me a short term boost in pressure in the pool. Polaris backup valve now is a rocket, spinning the sweeper a good 40 feet during its backup cycle, usually ending back up at the base and twisting into a knot. During the normal sweeping cycle, there is a normal trickle of water coming from the valve. But during backup, the water can shoot all the way across the pool. I've seen posts about backup valves cracking (my valve is relatively new and is not cracked), or continually running, or not running at all. But I can't find a post where the backup procedure has such massive pressure. We are typically not home during the day, so the sweeper is now ineffective (since it is tied up next to the wall all day),

Welcome to TFP
Do you have a restrictor plate in the wall where the hose connects? Do you find your cleaner goes to fast or to high on pool walls when it is not tangled?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.