plumbing question

blownby

Apr 30, 2013
NW Ohio
so 18 * 38 L.

plan to have 2 skims, pair of drains,

then 3 returns and 3 deck jets...

is it better to run everything on it's own line....
Like:
returns on there own 1.5" each (3 runs),
deck jets on a 2" main feed then T into 1" for each (1 main run then 3 small runs)
drains tied together with a 2" line (1 run)
each skimmer on its own 1.5" line. (2 runs)

or is it better to run on main like 2.5' line the split it off as needed for each of the returns at like 1.5" as close as possible.

equipment is gonna be like 40' from closest point of pool, so a return and skimmer will end up like 125' out, deck jets like 90', another return like 50' and 70', and the drains like 70'

Drains are required to be tied together.
I would run each skimmer and the drain separately ... total of 3 suction lines.
I would put the 3 normal returns on a loop.
If you want to have individual control of your deck jets, then you have to either run the 3 pipe separately, or have a manifold near the pool where they split off and you have valves.

There is really no right and wrong way ... just depends on what you want to be able to control.

yeah i pretty much was thinking along your line...

each skimmer on own line and drains tied together...

When you say put three returns on a loop....
do you basically mean one line and T off to each return as I go around pool.
do you lose flow to last one?

Ideally, the loop would go all the way around the pool and tie back into the supply. So the return water would split and go both directions around the pool, otherwise the last return would be weaker.

There is no harm on going too big on the suction lines.
I agree that 2" for each separate skimmer and the floor would be good ... then you could run on just one of them with no problem.
2" for the return loop is fine.

Are you looping the deck jets? Or running them separate from the pad? Or running 1 line and putting a manifold near the pool?

The deck jets will be on the same side of pool about 4-5' apart. So i think ill run one line from pad to the deck jets, and just loop those?

- - - Updated - - -

also if I instead ran each return on it's on line stick with 2" or 1.5" plenty at that point...

If you did each return separate, then 1.5" would be plenty.

I figured the deck jets would be close to each other. You could certain just run a single pipe 1.5" should be enough (2" would not hurt) to them and just put a little loop on that side of the pool or try to make the run to each nearly the same length. I think the loop has a better chance or keeping them balanced.

for a loop i am just basically like this so the loop would only be like right where the deck jest are and in the space behind the wall before back fill.

(________________)----<----<----2" main line from pad
.....T...... T........T
.....I.......I........I
.....O......O.......O

Kind of like this the parenthesis are like the curves of the loop and there would be a line on the top side but i can't draw it on here , an the T is a T off the main loop. Then the I is line to the O (deck jet)

IGNORE dots....needed for spacing...:kim:

Yup, that seems reasonable and what I meant by a loop just at the jets. Remember, there is always the chance that the flow will not be balanced and with a loop you may not have any control to adjust them ... unless you could add valves prior to each jet after the loop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.