Plumbing Help - 3 Way Valve Replacement on pump inlet side.

Mar 24, 2017
Arlington/Tx
I need to replace a 3 Way valve that is tied to the inlet side of my pump. The valve is cracked thanks to the freeze in north Texas (and my belief that we wouldn't lose power - haha bad mistake). My question is really about the pipe going into the pump. It looks like 2" CPVC but I cannot tell if the end of this pipe is threaded. Not sure why installer didn't use proper unions. Because the pipe is partially cracked I would like to replace all of it and use unions.
I could easily use a 2" coupler and call it a day but why not try and do it right? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to run pump in over a week now. I've attached a couple of pics for clarity.

Thanks in advance y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_122931.jpg
    IMG_20210227_122931.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210227_122939.jpg
    IMG_20210227_122939.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 17
Bam,

The pipe going into your pump is threaded.. It is impossible for me to understand why anyone would install a $1200 pump without pump unions... It does not make sense as it makes installing a pump so much easier to do..

These are the ones you need.. You can't buy them at home depot...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Bam,

The pipe going into your pump is threaded.. It is impossible for me to understand why anyone would install a $1200 pump without pump unions... It does not make sense as it makes installing a pump so much easier to do..

These are the ones you need.. You can't buy them at home depot...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks so much! Exactly Jim! Plus those are the unions I purchased, sweet :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.