Plumbing Advice

SplashDad

Apr 12, 2024
Southern Alabama
Hi everyone. I recently found this forum and it looks incredibly helpful and a great community. We have owned an AGP in a previous house in Georgia and I learned the hard way about algae and pollen. I wish I would have found you all sooner. The new house and pool are in southern Alabama and I am going with an 18x33' Saltwater 5000 this time with Hayward 230T sand filter, Hayward 1.5HP variable Max Flow, and a Hayward Salt & Swim ABG. The plumbing will be 2" and eventually include an optional heater and fountain.

I have attached my initial diagram of my plumbing plan in hopes of receiving some feedback from those who have gone down this path. I have read dozens of your previous forums on plumbing, many quite old, so I want to ensure there are not updated components or ideas that will make maintenance and care easier in the long run that I simply have not found within the forums yet. plumbing.png

Hi everyone. I recently found this forum and it looks incredibly helpful and a great community. We have owned an AGP in a previous house in Georgia and I learned the hard way about algae and pollen. I wish I would have found you all sooner. The new house and pool are in southern Alabama and I am going with an 18x33' Saltwater 5000 this time with Hayward 230T sand filter, Hayward 1.5HP variable Max Flow, and a Hayward Salt & Swim ABG. The plumbing will be 2" and eventually include an optional heater and fountain.

I have attached my initial diagram of my plumbing plan in hopes of receiving some feedback from those who have gone down this path. I have read dozens of your previous forums on plumbing, many quite old, so I want to ensure there are not updated components or ideas that will make maintenance and care easier in the long run that I simply have not found within the forums yet. View attachment 571054
With 1.5" in and out of the pool, in and out of the MPV, there is no need to go with 2" plumbing, especially with a VSP, unless you absolutely want to.
Instead of all those 45degree fittings and their many glue joints, get sweep 90s and just make long 90-degree turns.
1715198835315.png