Plumbing a new AGP in Sch 40 PVC. Need advice on fittings

bigbrewbowski

Aug 3, 2022
Rhode Island
Hi all-

I'm in the process of piping my new AGP! I'm running my supply and return lines from the filter and pumps underground. My pump, filter and SWG are by the house. I screwed up and told the installer to put the skimmer on the far side of the pool. We just assumed I was going to put my pump and filter next to the pool, but I didn't realize my SWG is supposed to be 10' from the pool which doesn't work in that location. Anyway what's done is done and now I'm running piping underground. All of my equipment is 2" size, and I figured it would be better to run everything 2" to maximize the flow rates.

My question is regarding the fittings to connect to the skimmer and return jet. The parts supplied with the skimmer are 1.5" smooth. I can unscrew them, but then I'm not sure how I would connect to them from the 2" lines. I'm a complete newb, so I don't know how to connect the suction and return lines.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• PXL_20220903_215013864.jpg
    PXL_20220903_215013864.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20220902_113941303.jpg
    PXL_20220902_113941303.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: CT-Steven
Well, we got 7.5" of rain dumped on us yesterday. It washed away a lot of my backfill material. I've got my work cut out for me.

I get that the reducing coupler works. I was wondering if there was anything the would go direct from the threaded skimmer connection to a 2" pipe. One would think that is something available for purchase, but I've not been able to find anything.

You may want to put a union or a valve with a union under the skimmer (union side toward the ground, valve towards the skimmer) for ease of winterizing the pool & blowing out the plumbing. The same goes for the return(s).

Reactions: rootusrootus
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.