Please Help!

Ok, not much you can do about it now. You'll have to let FC break down the soap. If there is a better suggestion, hopefully someone will post it. If it were mine and that happened, I'd take the FC up to SLAM level and hold it until the foaming at least got better. Aside from replacing water there I don't know what else to suggest. You might want to do some of that as well. I sure would.

I did test before I realized:
no FC
PH still greater than 8
TA 140
Calcium Harndess 300
CYA more than 100

and yes it smells good but I am so upset right now, can't believe I did this on my first attempt at caring for pool.....so I should start draining? Do I add DE when I refill? thanks for the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Live and learn. It is not something that cannot be undone so...........

Drain to get the soap out and to lower the CYA. How much is up to you EXCEPT do not go lower than 1 foot of water left in the shallow end.

Have you found the pool math yet? Here is a link just in case. If you want to lower for the CYA use pool math and it will tell you just how much to lower. If you want to get as much soap out then do the no lower that 1 foot of water left.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Kim

Chlorine won't get rid of soap, but eventually the soap will bind to oil-like particles in the water (e.g. skin oils, sunscreen) and with enough such particles consolidated it will get caught in the filter. In the meantime, just scoop out any foam and that will reduce the foaming aspect from it. It doesn't cause any harm. It's just the foaming that's annoying.

We've fixed a lot worse pools than this before. Always keep your chlorine level above minimum for your CYA level on the Chlorine CYA Chart. Letting FC drop below minimum will allow algae to start growing and make your pool cloudy and then green.

You guys have all been awesome and I really appreciate your help, hopefully I look back at this wit a smile.

so here is the update....
I was out for a few hours, before I left:
- I drained some water, added new water,
- Added bleach
- Backwashed, added new DE ,
- scooped out some bubbles and suds.

I came home and visually it looks a lot better! I can see the bottom of the pool, not nearly as soapy; I just re-tested and here is what I got:
FC 6.4 ppm
PH >8
TA 150
CH 310
CYA >100

Any advice what to do now? Thanks everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.