Please Help!

Your CYA is still too high. You will want to do a series of drain and refill cycles until your CYA is around 50 ppm. Use the pool math to determine how much to drain. When your CYA registers over 100, it could be 120 or 300. You won't get a true measurement until you drop it below 100ppm. This will probably take several cycles.

SMS muratic acid to bring down the pH is fine. Dot in the refill cycle. For now ignore everything other than CYA, FC & pH. As you ar doing drain/refill cycles to control CYA that is probably most important. But , after saying that lets not let the FC drop too much and have the pool go green.

Lots,of moving parts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, you can swim with high CYA but you have maintain higher chlorine to match. Use the Chlorine CYA Chart and keep chlorine at or slightly above target level for your CYA. Don't let FC drop below the minimum for your CYA or algae will start growing. It is safe to swim as long as chlorine is below shock level.

Goof morning everyone! I just wanted to update, the pool looks so much better and here are my test reults:
FC 10.6 ppm
PH 7.8
TA 110
CH 240
CYA 90-100

I just want to confirm that it is safe to swim today, what an improvement, thanks again everyone!

Yes, it is safe to swim.

Remember, with CYA that high you need to be diligent in not letting your FC go low. If algae gets a foothold you will be using massive amounts of chlorine or doing another water exchange.

Additionally, no solid forms of chlorine that might add CYA.

In my case I took close to a year getting my CYA from over 200 to the 50 I have today. I probably back washed more often than I needed to and built a system to harvest rainwater form a roof gutter.

Like folks with high CH, it can be managed - you just need to understand it and keep control.

Go swimming, after the last couple of days you deserve it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.