please help

IF you can see the bottom of the pool (deep end), it is safe to swim up to SLAM level FC. If you can't see the bottom, it is a safety hazard.

The more often that you can test and add Chlorine the faster it will go. Every hour is not too much. I don't want to scare you, but you should be prepared. I had a green pool and it is similar in size your your pool. Took me about 35 Gallons to clear the pool. Haven't had to SLAM since. You might want to start with 20 gallons, you can always take it back. When checking out the cashier looked at me and said, "I'm not going to ask..." I actually explained it and she said, "oh, that makes sense."

Was looking back at some of Jack's posts and pictures! You have a very nice pool! I would recommend that you remove the ladder and scrub inside the tubes.

Also, Scrub, Scrub, Scrub as often as you can the entire pool. Do you have lights? Can you post some pictures of the lights? Depending on the type of lights, you might have to remove them and scrub behind them. Scrubbing breaks down the biofilm on any algae in the pool and allows the chlorine to kill it.

Go Get 'Em!!! You got this!!
James Earl Jones Yes GIF
Hi, Thanks for all of the help! So far I've added the two gallons and 2 cups and scrubbed the pool sides. I'm including some pics as the pool is a much better color, but I don't know exactly what to do now? Do I test and keep the FC at the slam level and keep adding if it drops down? I'm also adding the pool light info. Best, Lisa

Attachments

• long view from deep.JPG
    long view from deep.JPG
    690.5 KB · Views: 3
  • long view from shallow.JPG
    long view from shallow.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 11.13.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 11.13.39 AM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 3
  • vac and drain at 7 feet.JPG
    vac and drain at 7 feet.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 3
  • vac at 7 ft.JPG
    vac at 7 ft.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 4
IF you can see the bottom of the pool (deep end), it is safe to swim up to SLAM level FC. If you can't see the bottom, it is a safety hazard.

The more often that you can test and add Chlorine the faster it will go. Every hour is not too much. I don't want to scare you, but you should be prepared. I had a green pool and it is similar in size your your pool. Took me about 35 Gallons to clear the pool. Haven't had to SLAM since. You might want to start with 20 gallons, you can always take it back. When checking out the cashier looked at me and said, "I'm not going to ask..." I actually explained it and she said, "oh, that makes sense."

Was looking back at some of Jack's posts and pictures! You have a very nice pool! I would recommend that you remove the ladder and scrub inside the tubes.

Also, Scrub, Scrub, Scrub as often as you can the entire pool. Do you have lights? Can you post some pictures of the lights? Depending on the type of lights, you might have to remove them and scrub behind them. Scrubbing breaks down the biofilm on any algae in the pool and allows the chlorine to kill it.

Go Get 'Em!!! You got this!!
James Earl Jones Yes GIF
so do I test and keep the SLAM level at 12 by adding more shock? How long do I do that? what's the indication that I can stop adding? I've attached pics of pool this morning. Thanks!long view from deep.JPGlong view from shallow.JPGvac and drain at 7 feet.JPGvac at 7 ft.JPG

so do I test and keep the SLAM level at 12 by adding more shock? How long do I do that? what's the indication that I can stop adding? I've attached pics of pool this morning. Thanks!View attachment 443902View attachment 443903View attachment 443905View attachment 443906
Sorry, taking a nap. You Absolutely Got This!!!
EVERY HOUR, test, add chlorine to get back to target FC of 12.
Keep filtering!
Run the dolphin, it will catch dead algae
Take the ladder out and scrub/bleach the inside.
When the pool is crystal clear and you have filtered all the dead algae, and pool is crystal clear THEN-->
TO PASS SLAM
1) Pool clear (no dead algae either)
2) <=.5 CC
3) <=1ppm loss from and overnight chlorine loss test.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.