The positive results from adding the AA really says it all - iron. But now that the water appears clear, it just means the iron is in water form (solution) and probably can't be filtered by polyfill now. So you have choices:
- Continue with what you are doing. Once you finished with the AA, add a sequestrant and slowly increase the FC level.
- Exchange water right away to get the iron-filled water out.

Today the pool is a beautiful blue but still a little cloudy. I did run the pump all night last without the filters so the AA could do it’s thing. I cleaned the filters before putting them back in also. I shut the pump off and vacuumed out with a hand vac the sediment left from the AA. I did exchange out some water yesterday also. I just tested the water and these are my current numbers:
FC 3.5
CC .2
TA 80
CYA 45
CH 125
PH 7.5

Overall numbers don’t look bad. I have 2lbs of cya in skimmer to get it to the 70. Should I go ahead and increase the CH also? I need 25 lbs to increase it which I have on hand. image.jpg

I should have said I increased swg to 80% to get my FC to that level with in 6 hours
OK great. Anytime in the future if you need a 'now' boost, like then, add liquid chlorone and then let the SWG maintain the proper level. If you only need 1 or 2 FC, and are still free and clear of minimum, then let the SWG increase it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.