Please help with my Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Lights not staying on.

Welcome to TFP.

Do you still have your Prologic panel? Can you power it up and look at how the Configuration is set for the lights?

@1poolman1 do you have setup experience with an OmniPL and Hayward lights?

Reactions: SampleUser12
Welcome to TFP.

Do you still have your Prologic panel? Can you power it up and look at how the Configuration is set for the lights?

@1poolman1 do you have setup experience with an OmniPL and Hayward lights?
Thank you, yes I still have the Prologic panel. I’m not sure how to do that since installer gutted everything out of the old panel to this new one. However, the wiring is exactly the same. The only difference is he removed the black color logic network box.

Last edited:
You say the wiring is the same and if so then the problem is in all the Configuration options Hayward has for its various lights. I find Haywards various generations of lights to be a confusing mess.

I would power up your Prologic panel and look carefully at the light Configuration settings to learn what worked.

You say the wiring is the same and if so then the problem is in all the Configuration options Hayward has for its various lights. I find Haywards various generations of lights to be a confusing mess.

I would power up your Prologic panel and look carefully at the light Configuration settings to learn what worked.
I agree! These lights are a nightmare.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The first thing I would look at is, despite the panel saying the light is on, is there power actually getting to the light?
Ok installer checked the power to the lights and it clearly shows 120v when powered on. When the lights shut off by themselves the reading is still 120v… which makes me believe the issue is with the lights themselves.

Last edited:
Also installer wired each individual light by itself and they do the exact same thing… turn on for 10-15 seconds on violent/purple color, then turn off… did it to all 4 lights and all did the same thing.

Programming issue? Bad board?

He programmed and reprogrammed over and over and nothing.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the panel and wiring if it helps. I have a transformer that was there previously, but the lights are 120v…
Remove the relay from the circuit. Wire directly to the line side or to the breaker and see what happens. There are no truly reliable LED lights. They all fail alarmingly quick compared to the cost.

Ok removed the relay and wired the lights directly to the line side and the exact same thing… they turn on 10-15 seconds on that purple color and then shut off.

I would start thinking it’s the lights but what are the chances of all 4 lights doing the exact same thing? 2 of them are brand new and the other two are a few years old. I also wired them individually and they each did the same thing.
It would be good to file a warranty claim with Hayward for the new ones.

It would be good to file a warranty claim with Hayward for the new ones.
Ok yea I think it’s the lights… so installer had an old Pentair Intellibrite LED Pool light and hooked it up on the same relay with all the other lights together and it worked perfectly!

Not only did it work perfectly but all the colors and shows worked as well even though it’s hooked up to the Hayward OmniPL. The Hayward lights of course did the same shhhh, turned on then turned off 10 seconds later. The Pentair was on the whole time and worked perfect!!! I wonder why the Hayward lights do not work.

I bought the Hayward lights 2 weeks ago. Should I contact the place I bought them from for a return or contact Hayward directly? I don’t want Hayward lights anymore. I’m going to switch them all out to Pentair Intellibrite.

Last edited:
Ok yea I think it’s the lights… so I found an old Pentair Intellibrite LED Pool light I had in the attic and hooked it up on the same relay with all the other lights together and it worked perfectly!

Not only did it work perfectly but all the colors and shows worked as well even though it’s hooked up to the Hayward OmniPL. The Hayward lights of course did the same shhhh, turned on then turned off 10 seconds later. The Pentair was on the whole time and worked perfect!!! I wonder why the Hayward lights do not work.

I bought the Hayward lights 2 weeks ago. Should I contact the place I bought them from for a return or contact Hayward directly? I don’t want Hayward lights anymore. I’m going to switch them all out to Pentair Intellibrite.
Try the retailer first, but they may defer to Hayward. Better route, though not as compatible with Omni Logic, is to get a standard Amerilite with an incandescent bulb (I believe they can be shipped to Texas still) then change the bulb for what ever LED bulb, color or plain white (with a silicone lens gasket), you choose. When the bulb goes bad, and they all do, you won't be changing the entire fixture again.

Try the retailer first, but they may defer to Hayward. Better route, though not as compatible with Omni Logic, is to get a standard Amerilite with an incandescent bulb (I believe they can be shipped to Texas still) then change the bulb for what ever LED bulb, color or plain white (with a silicone lens gasket), you choose. When the bulb goes bad, and they all do, you won't be changing the entire fixture again.
Yessir, will try that! Thank you so much for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support