Please help with chemicals

Oh thank you so much, I will order the dichlor tomorrow. In the mean time as it will take a few days, should I do anything?
Add my mini chlorine tablets in the floater, run the pump?.
I really appreciate all your help and advice on this. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

The mini chlorine tablets are trichlor. They are adding CYA too. So be sure to keep track how many you are using.

Add about a cup of the 12.5% bleach each day until you use your dichlor. Then switch back to the 12.5% bleach once your CYA is calculated to be 30 ppm or so.

Reactions: Cheechee
Do you use liquid chlorine (bleach) to do your laundry wash for white clothes? If so show us a pic of that and you can use it to raise your FC level.

The floaties you see on your water make me wonder if its body oils or hair products in the water?

Maddie :flower:

Do you use liquid chlorine (bleach) to do your laundry wash for white clothes?

In the US you are quite spoiled to have relatively high strength household bleach available. Here in Australia for example, I haven't found anything above 4% in the shops, we usually have to go with the pool stuff. Probably health and safety regulations.

Maybe Turkey has higher strength household bleach, certainly worth a try.

Do you use liquid chlorine (bleach) to do your laundry wash for white clothes? If so show us a pic of that and you can use it to raise your FC level.

The floaties you see on your water make me wonder if its body oils or hair products in the water?

Maddie :flower:
Hi Maddy
Thank you for your reply, the floaties can't be oil or hair products etc as it is a complete new refill and no one has been in it.
We have this bleach here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_081351.jpg
    IMG_20200724_081351.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 16
If the Turkish Domestos is the same as the Australian one, then don't use it for the pool, not just bleach.

List of ingredients:
Water,sodium hypochlorite, lauramine oxide, sodium laurate,sodium hydroxide,sodium silicate, perfume.

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for all your replies, sorry only just replying myself as it has been a very busy few days.

I managed to get the dichlor 😀 PH minus and PH plus.
I have used 1.5 litres of PH -
200 grams dichlor.
I run the pump while doing this and added them separately.

I seem to have a Cya of 0, do I need to be concerned about this or add anything else also will it now be safe to swim in?
Here is my test results.

Dichlor is adding CYA.
Please fill out your signature as we do not know what volume, type, etc this pool is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for all your replies, sorry only just replying myself as it has been a very busy few days.

I managed to get the dichlor 😀 PH minus and PH plus.
I have used 1.5 litres of PH -
200 grams dichlor.
I run the pump while doing this and added them separately.

I seem to have a Cya of 0, do I need to be concerned about this or add anything else also will it now be safe to swim in?
Here is my test results.

Oh dear sorry I added the wrong picture.

Here is the correct one.
IMG_20200728_164324.jpg

Great - thank you.
The 200 gm of dichlor has added 6.8 ppm CYA. So continue to use dichlor to maintain your FC until you have added 30 ppm CYA.

The FC is well above 5 ppm and the pH is reading high, but I suspect some of that is due to the elevated FC. Do not add any bleach or dichlor until the FC level can be read on your tester. Then see what the pH is.

Great - thank you.
The 200 gm of dichlor has added 6.8 ppm CYA. So continue to use dichlor to maintain your FC until you have added 30 ppm CYA.

The FC is well above 5 ppm and the pH is reading high, but I suspect some of that is due to the elevated FC. Do not add any bleach or dichlor until the FC level can be read on your tester. Then see what the pH is.
Do I need to add more dichlor now?
If so how many grams would I add as I was concerned how high the FC is reading.
IMG_20200728_174305.jpg

No more dichlor for now until your TC level falls.
Let the TC you are reading (yellow side of tester) come down so you match the 3 ppm or less color. Then add more dichlor (100 grams).

Do not add anything for now.

You can use it. If anyone complains of eye irritation, your pH could be elevated. But it is hard to test that level until your TC level comes down. With the pool being essentially inside, it may take some time for the TC level to drop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.