Please help--newbie here and need help with next steps

mlafleur

Sep 7, 2020
Kinder, LA
I have just purchased my TF-100 kit and did all the tests. Numbers were not bad. But there is something still not ridding my pool from algae sinking back to the bottom after brushing, vacuuming, backwashing, etc. We've been doing this for about a week. The water is CRYSTAL CLEAR!!! But there is some algae that I cannot rid of at the bottom of the pool. I tested the chlorine again this morning:

FC- 18.5
C- 1

The algae seems a little yellow in color so not sure if it is mustard algae. What is your advice? How do I get the algae out? Do I worry whether or not it is mustard algae or not? Do these chlorine numbers seem ok?

Thank you all!!!!

With a CYA of 60 as you report on your Poolmath Logs, you need to Maintain a FC of 24 ppm to follow the SLAM Process. The debris is dead algae, and you need to complete the SLAM Process to get rid of the live algae.

You get rid of dead algae by filtering it out. Part of the SLAM Process is brushing the pool at least daily and vacuuming the pool often.
Be sure to read the SLAM article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.