Please help INYOpools with a blog, "Cost To Maintain Your Pool"

OTPirate

Admin
In The Industry
Oct 2, 2013
Creedmoor, NC
INYOpools is working on a blog, "Cost to Maintain Your Pool". If you could help them out by answering the questions below and PM your answer to INYOMatt here on the forum. I'm sure they would appreciate your input! Rebecca @ TFTestkits

1. How large is your pool?
Less than 15K, 15k to 25k, over 25k (if over 25K please specify gallonage)

2. Do you maintain your pool yourself or do you hire a pool service company?

3. On average, how much do you spend a month on chemicals?

4. If you hire a service company, how much do you spend monthly?

5. Based on your experience, would you recommend maintaining a pool yourself or simply hire a pool service company?

Just click on OTPirate's screen name and you can click the option "Quote this post in PM". You can then erase OTPirate's name from the To field and type in "INYO", wait a second and the auto-lookup will find INYOMatt

Re: chemical cost per month... do they mean the swimming season, leave out opening/closing, or total cost divided by 12 months? Also, an SWG is going to make a significant difference. Surprised they're not asking about testing supplies, power, gas, and water.

Looking forward to reading it someday!

Re: chemical cost per month... do they mean the swimming season, leave out opening/closing, or total cost divided by 12 months? Also, an SWG is going to make a significant difference. Surprised they're not asking about testing supplies, power, gas, and water.

Looking forward to reading it someday!

I did not factor in chlorine as part of the chemical costs. We already know that chlorine added through manual chlorination versus an SWG is a wash so you can assume the cost per pound of chlorine added is roughly the same no matter which method you use.

With only 5 broad questions it's more like a public-opinion survey than any kind of exact scientific analysis so I wouldn't over-think the answers too much...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.