Please help! I need this pool clean!

Yes, that is what I have and use.

Make sure you are there to baby sit the filter when you do add in some. Start low and be ready to back wash in case your filter pressure shoots up.
Okay great. Yes I definitely will. I've been watching it like a hawk for the past few days and it's driving me crazy that it isn't doing anything.

How is the pressure from the return? Is it as strong as before?
The pressure from the returns is strong. I've even backwashed it a couple of times to make sure the gauge is working properly - I just installed a new one recently - and nothing. The water is crystal clear coming from the backwash hose.

Well that is good news! Not sure why the pressure is not moving but it might be the stuff is just too fine for the sand to pick up.

I have an idea! Do you have a t-shirt you can give to the pool? I am thinking of putting the shirt in the skimmer basket to help catch/filter the stuff. Making sure there is good water flow THROUGH the shirt but it might help filter the fine stuff out.

Well that is good news! Not sure why the pressure is not moving but it might be the stuff is just too fine for the sand to pick up.

I have an idea! Do you have a t-shirt you can give to the pool? I am thinking of putting the shirt in the skimmer basket to help catch/filter the stuff. Making sure there is good water flow THROUGH the shirt but it might help filter the fine stuff out.
I just added 3.5 cups of DE to raise the pressure from 10 to 11. At what pressure should I start backwashing? And do I need to add more DE after a backwash?

The pressure rose pretty quickly to 20 so I backwashed and rinsed. Lots of junk I haven't seen lately in the looking glass. Dare I say the pool already looks a little clearer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-151258_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-151258_Photos.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220529-151228_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-151228_Gallery.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 15
When you see the HUGE jump like you did is when you back wash.

You will need to add more DE when you back wash. Now don't add quite as much this time. You are going ot have to play with the amount your filter likes.

I would also back wash it good for overnight to be on the safe side. Then start all over tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good afternoon everyone. Just wanted to give a little update. After adding DE and the initial backwash there was little to no improvement. I did some searching and read some threads on clarifier. I know this isn't typically TFP approved but I feel like I exhausted all my options. I used 4 oz yesterday afternoon and it cleared up perfectly by this morning.

On a side note, I have a lot of metal staining on the liner. Is vit c still the best option to clear these up? A lot of them are in the deep end so not really sure how to hold the sock with vit c on them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-153837_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-153837_Gallery.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 14
I used HTH clarifier advanced. There was very little debris that ended up on the bottom. I ran the robot and if it doesn't come up I'll vacuum to waste. I'll also do another check on the filter but I just deep cleaned it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-183616_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-183616_Gallery.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.