Please check my plumbing!

LOL! Yeah, 61° water isn't going to use much chlorine.

It is common to get some air build up when running variable speed pumps at low RPM. I get some air in the pump basket when running my pump at 1100 rpm and I can bleed some off from the filter. It shouldn't be much though. When I restart my pump after cleaning the basket I run it at 2000 or 2500 rpm to push (pull?) all the air out of the basket and bleed the filter. Then I usually don't get too much air build up.

I took your suggestion and turned up the pump to 3100 rpm for a few minutes and got even more air out of the pump basket. BTW, it is amazing how the pool has cleared up! From barely able to see the bottom drains to being able to see whether they have phillips head screws or not. I'm so relieved that I haven't messed this up so far! Still a bit more work to do on chemistry (I've got 110 lbs of boric acid waiting to add; need a bit more CH), but getting close!

Right on! There is nothing like a TFPC clear pool. I am still amazed after all these years how clear my water is. I like some borates.

Good job maintaining your pool! :goodjob:

What ever caused the air build up on the first day has not recurred. I ran the pump again at 1900 rpm/40 gpm overnight and had no air in the system this morning. I guess I'll chalk it up to residual air pockets from starting an empty system.

Pool keeps looking better and better. Thanks!

As a follow-up, I thought I'd post a picture of the final plumbing. I ended up having to route my bypass around the back of the heat pump due to valve constraints. It is supported at each corner (for those who are worried). I have been using the heater so, the bypass is currently closed. Opening it reduces head pressure a bit, so once I'm done with the heater, I may open it back up again to save some pennies on electricity. Thanks again for the help of everyone on the forum. I love this place.

Jay

IMG_0429.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.