Playground slides as pool slides

and the payoff! :mrgreen:[attachment=2:26hnvk82]7148.jpg[/attachment:26hnvk82][attachment=1:26hnvk82]10037.jpg[/attachment:26hnvk82][attachment=0:26hnvk82]37158.jpg[/attachment:26hnvk82]

Attachments

• 7148.jpg
    7148.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 10037.jpg
    10037.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 569
  • 37158.jpg
    37158.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 568
[attachment=2:1ce84jwl]62177.jpg[/attachment:1ce84jwl][attachment=1:1ce84jwl]64517.jpg[/attachment:1ce84jwl][attachment=0:1ce84jwl]822.jpg[/attachment:1ce84jwl]

Attachments

• 62177.jpg
    62177.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 553
  • 64517.jpg
    64517.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 822.jpg
    822.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 546
Love the setup. We built up something very similar in the end, and even though This Post Is Worthless Without Pictures I'll post anyway. I don't know if I'll use the same slide next year: I'll believe that there is enough UV resistance built into something designed to stay outside, but I'm not convinced that prolonged exposure to chlorine won't weaken it. Then again, we send some water down ours as well, and it isn't like that won't wash it down (the water comes form the hose, not the pool).

In the last photo, the "pool recliner": we got more mileage out of those things than we ever though possible. We're on our fourth year, no leaks (we're doomed now, though!).

I missed the recliner, but bought a blue one like that and a green one at wally world this year...so far, favorite of the kids.

The wife nixed the spiral, I missed reading where people say it's too tight for tall adults to go down, so there you go...I want to use the slide too! ;->

I actually found a source locally for the "build your own pool slide" type slide, which is just corrogated drain pipe and neoprene more or less, but she also said until we actually live in the movie "Vacation" and my name is Eddie, it's not happening.

Our costco playset has that exact yellow slide, too!

I'm continuing to explore craigslist to save some money, and looking at the Wild Ride, which appears to be pretty popular on the commercial side.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thewags said:
jsf, that looks like a lot of fun. The mom in me must offer the following advice though: please make NO HEADFIRST a rule. Waterslide or land slide, it's just not a good idea.

i know and agree. we have stressed to them that headfirst is a no no. the slide is very very fast with the water on it so we are keeping an eye out for daring stunts! :shock:

Looking at the spiral tunnel slide had me chuckling. At the ski resort where I patrol we have a "fort' built up in the woods off of one of the trails. Great playground for the kids. One day we got a call to assist with a customer at the fort. got there and found some frantic people scrambling around. Apparently one of the parents, a rather large woman, decided to go down the slide. Yep, you guessed it, got stuck. We had to disassemble the slide to get her out. About 4 weeks later we got a notice from her lawyer that she has initiated a law suit against us. Suit got thrown out by a reasonable judge

af43e92a1fb61d6f85bbf097ac0bce73.jpg

Thinking of putting up this next to the shallow end of my pool? Too hillbilly? No way would I spend 4 gs on a slide and I think the kids would love this.

Looking at the spiral tunnel slide had me chuckling. At the ski resort where I patrol we have a "fort' built up in the woods off of one of the trails. Great playground for the kids. One day we got a call to assist with a customer at the fort. got there and found some frantic people scrambling around. Apparently one of the parents, a rather large woman, decided to go down the slide. Yep, you guessed it, got stuck. We had to disassemble the slide to get her out. About 4 weeks later we got a notice from her lawyer that she has initiated a law suit against us. Suit got thrown out by a reasonable judge
I know this was posted two years ago - but there is a town in Ontario called Collingwood where there are some caves. One area of the caves is called: Fat Man's Misery. I guess your slide was Fat Woman's Misery:
bed1816915d5785027389ff1c9d79b0d.jpg

I'm also in the market for a slide and diving board, and I'm not telling the INSU company squat. It will never be a problem because I Don't let sue happy F@#& Nuts into my house or in my backyard :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :mrgreen:

But you do let someone back there, right? And someone's kid ends up cracking his spine on your slide. Someone isn't sue happy, but his health insurance company asked him how this all happened, and now the insurance company is coming after you. Your insurance company is surprised to hear you have a diving board and won't defend you in court. Your bankrupted, your spouse and children move out, and you die destitute in the Nevada desert.

Maybe you should call your insurance agent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.