Plastic vs Fiberglass stairs replacement : HELP

Pardalys

Jul 25, 2022
Canada
Hello,

First post here. I need to respond to the contractor ASAP.

Current stairs are done. Been quoted for plastic stairs or fiberglass stairs. Plastic is cheaper. I don't know what to choose and can't find any information on internet regarding these two.

Here are the models :

ST6019B : Plastic
STP6CDP : Fiberglass

Thank you so much for help.

Welcome to TFP.

Who is the step manufacturer?

I think in general fiberglass is stronger and will last longer.

Both of them the manufacturer would be Latham Pool.

Are plastic stairs that bad ? The contractor also told me that the Fiberglass stairs are more reparable and are going to be outlawed at some point because they are harmful for the environment.

It seems I have not enough data point to make a good decision here.

Thank you for the reply. Very appreciated.

Are plastic stairs that bad ?

I did not say plastic steps are "that bad".

The contractor also told me that the Fiberglass stairs are more reparable and are going to be outlawed at some point because they are harmful for the environment.

I have never heard fiberglass being outlawed due to the environment or other reasons.

Fiberglass is used extensively in boats, cars, and other structural pieces and is stranger than plastic.
It seems I have not enough data point to make a good decision here.

I think you get what you pay for.

Unless you are trying to build low budget versus longevity I would get fiberglass steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.