Plastic or stainless steel sleeve anchors for cement???

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
Looking to put either 4” or 6” plastic or stainless steel sleeves around pool in cement for volleyball net and to hold umbrellas. Any suggestions on length and material for cold indiana? My gut tells me 6” of stainless ??

- - - Updated - - -

And I should say only the plastic anchor comes in 6” and tightens with wedge by screwing it tighter or looser. Looks like the steel one doesn’t tighten or loosen. Just 1.9” hole for my big umbrella

Stainless for sure but keep in mind metal anchors need to be bonded to your binding grid. Also put a couple sleeves in for railings.

High quality brass would be my first choice as well, stainless would be my second choice.

Get a thread protector to protect the anchor threads when it's not in use. Typically a plastic threaded plug that keeps the hole clean.

Depends on how much you like brass and how much money you want to spend. Good quality brass will last for a very long time.

As for why I would choose a brass anchor, its because it will have a coarser thread cut deeper into the material giving you a thread more forgiving to small sand and debris that will get in the anchor hole. Over time, with repeated use, or from over torqueing stainless threads have a tendency to strip and gaul. From a corrosion standpoint in that application good quality brass and good quality stainless will be similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.