Chesapeake, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The attached picture is the bottom of my pool steps. The rubber has come loose - I was just going to clip it off at each end. Just curious if anyone knows what its there for. Decorative I hope.
IMG_0398.JPG

Mine is long gone. You need to scrub that strip with a brush. I use a toothbrush, you have gunk in there. I would rub a white rag over it first and make sure it is not algae. Every time I get an algae outbreak it starts there.

Following to find out about the strip that I also hate. Mine hasn’t pulled off but still is flappy and the first spot to get green if anything is off

thanks! So did you just yank yours totally off? Or should I just cut it where it is still attached.
Mine was like yours and I pulled it off. You could cut it loose where it has already started coming loose.

Keep an eye on it and brush the whole strip and that groove underneath it. I guarantee you will get algae if not cleaned on a regular basis. Try to separate the flap and get in there as well. We don’t use the toothbrushes we get from the dentist so I use those. Check around your skimmer as well. You might have a flap between the faceplate and liner. Another popular spot for algae, the toothbrush works well there as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.