Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The company is coming out to plaster my pool tomorrow. They say that a technician will not be out until Tuesday to begin brushing and circulating the water with the pump. Until then, I am just to add the sequester liquid to the pool and then just let it sit until Tuesday. What are you guys thoughts about this? Is is okay to not start balancing the water chemistry and brushing it before Tuesday? Any issues that may occur with the plaster if it sits without being brushed over the weekend?

Who is responsible for supervising the fill of the pool? Why can’t the pump be turned on once the pool is filled?

Why can’t you brush the pool? Whatever you do is better then nothing.

What type of finish are you getting? Not much balancing happens the first few days and it depends on the quality of the fill water. This describes what typically happens the first 28 days

I am not thrilled with adding chemicals without the pump running.

Reactions: Paul & Crystal
PB is not going to be present for some reason. They haven't showed us how to start the pump and set it yet. That is going to happen on Tuesday. If we brush it over the weekend, won't the dust just settle to the bottom until the pump comes on Tuesday? Will that cause a problem? Will the plaster be damaged in any way if we do not brush or have the pump turned on until Tuesday? Thanks for the procedure. We had saw this, and that is what sparked my concern.

I can list all sorts of things that might happen. Chances are it will be ok. Your PB is giving you a warranty so he is responsible. What he is planning to do is not what any of the plaster company startup guides recommend. But many PB's seems to do their own non-standard things. Pools have been plastered and filled and sit without the pump running for a few days because of equipment problems.

Brushing is to get the plaster dust off the pool surface and into suspension so it can be filtered out. Brushing until the PB takes over will keep the plaster dust loose and not sticking to the walls or floor. I would brush the pool walls and floor to push the dust around and keep it loose.

You haven't answered what type of finish you are getting? Who is responsible for the pool water fill? Where is the fill water coming from?

Thanks for the info. I’m getting a colored pebble plaster. The company is having a water truck come out to fill the pool. PB said to immediately start filling it with my own water first until the water truck gets there. I read on TFP website that plaster should sit for six hours before starting to fill the pool with water to help with longevity of the plaster. What are your thoughts about starting To fill the pool immediately versus waiting a few hours?

Thanks for the info. I’m getting a colored pebble plaster. The company is having a water truck come out to fill the pool. PB said to immediately start filling it with my own water first until the water truck gets there. I read on TFP website that plaster should sit for six hours before starting to fill the pool with water to help with longevity of the plaster. What are your thoughts about starting To fill the pool immediately versus waiting a few hours?

@onBalance recommends waiting 6 hours before filling with water. But most PB seem to get the water in immediately.

We are in the same boat. They finished plaster on Sunday and filled. Today is Tuesday and they are finishing the electrical wiring for the pump. I am worried about our plaster too. We have Prism Matrix Kaleidoscope and we love it. But I am so worried about staining if they do not get this pump up and running!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.