Plaster upgrade

Lucanjo

Gold Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Bel Air, MD
Hey everyone, we are getting ready to finish out build in the next few weeks. Tile is getting installed today. We are at the point where we need to determine the finish. The upgrades my PB is quoting on tinted plaster, Diamond Brite, and PebbleFina seem pretty high to me (2x what I was expecting). White plaster comes standard and my wife and I decided we wanted to upgrade the patio to travertine and the tile to glass and are ok with standard white plaster. Now that we need to pull the trigger on it I'm worried were going to regret not upgrading.

My main concern is we have an 8 foot tanning ledge and I'm worried about how the white plaster will look with so little amount of water in that area. I know this is a personal preference question but does anyone have any thoughts?

Anyone have any photos of their tanning ledge with white plaster?

Thanks!

Last edited:
My main concern is we have an 8 foot raining ledge ...

What is a “raining ledge”?

You have any design drawings to share that would give us a better idea about your thinking and concerns?

I think your pool guests focus on the plaster color much less then pool owners do.

There is so much else in and around the pool they are looking at and enjoying.

Where are at this point now.

What did you decide?
Sorry we haven't decided yet. We were looking at the Diamond Brite French Grey but my wife doesn't think she likes the "lagoon type" look of the water so now she's thinking DB cool blue. White plaster is still an option.

I'll post once we make a decision and take some pics, not sure if it will be done in time to help you though. I'm expecting to have water by the end of April.

I like the look of a white plaster pool. Given all this issues posted recently on this forum regarding streaking/mottling of colored plaster and unsatisfactory installation of pebble/stone plaster, I'd be even more inclined to stick with plain old, clean white.

First that is a very very nice pool. Standard plaster will only last so long... and its hard to tell. I did get color added to my plaster * it was a pebble tech color and it looks great for the first year or so then turned grey. Friend did tan color in plaster and it looked amazing for a few years but then browned out. Still looks ok.

Reactions: Timujin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.