Plaster repair product

russg

May 25, 2012
I'm looking for recommendations on what to use for a few small spots where the plaster has come away on the walls of our gunite pool. The pool is about 20 years old and I believe it's delamination from freezing (we're near Boston, the thing is ice much of the winter). It's only a few small spots, the biggest being 4x4 inches with depths of 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. No deep cracks or anything like that.

I'm planning to drain the pool before opening to deal with some rust spots that appeared from Ironite granules that accidentally got in a couple years ago, so I figure dealing with patching the little spots is a good secondary goal.

I've turned up a variety of E-Z Patch products, as well as "Pool Patch" but trust the folks here far more than online reviews.

Thanks!

E-Z Patch and Pool Patch are both good plaster repair products. The product is less important then the proper preparation and application and curing time before it is submersed.

Reactions: russg
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.