Plaster missing

Your plaster is failing. It may not be leaking yet but it will most likely continue to become worst. It is in only one spot?
Do you know how old the plaster is?
A replaster of a pool after 12-18 years is not uncommon. Mine lasted 16 years.

Your plaster is failing. It may not be leaking yet but it will most likely continue to become worst. It is in only one spot?
Do you know how old the plaster is?
A replaster of a pool after 12-18 years is not uncommon. Mine lasted 16 years.
There are 3 spots I can see like this. I’ve owned the home for 12 years. It is definitely older than that. Time to resurface? What did you go with?

It appears that there is plaster below the missing piece. If so this is more of a visual problem at this time, it’s not going to go away and will most likely get worse.
More than likely you are not loosing water due to the underlying plaster still in place.
Plaster patch will cover the hole but will not stop it from delaminating further.
It’s your call on when to have the pool resurfaced, again a visual thing.IMG_3269.jpg

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.