Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We had a few issues with our plaster after it was done in the spring. One being a chunk came out in the spa bench. We also found some really rough areas in the pool once it was warm enough and we could finally get in. We decided with our plaster company to wait until fall to fix it so we wouldn’t have to drain it during the summer. It is now the time. They are coming to drain it tomorrow then coming to do the work Thur. I know I don’t want them to acid wash it. I can’t see how that would help with the rough areas anyway. They haven’t told me yet what they will do but I want to be prepared with options. I’ve read on here about sanding it. Is this something that they should know as an option? What if they won’t do it? Is this something we can do on our own? What is the process? Also, since they need to fill the hole, is there going to be a problem with it bonding properly? I just want to make sure I’m aware of any red flags.
Surface is Stonescapes micro pebble.

This is the chunk out next to the tile.
9F6B132A-C28D-44BC-8DE2-C0256D73784E.jpeg

Last edited:
Assuming that's a one-inch tile, that's a pretty small patch. And it looks like it's a fairly rough surface, so I don't see why adhesion would be any worry. I'm just a layman though.

You don't mention what product the surface is, though it looks to be pebble. @ajw22 discussed in another thread that sanding isn't an option for pebble. I suspect it has to do with how the pebble surface is compacted via troweling.

I've seen others discuss polishing... Maybe someone can chime in regarding that as an option?

Our pool is wet edge pebble but they have the primera line. Luckily our pebble turned out feeling great but I remember a thread where it appears that someone had the signature pebble sanded down for repair.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.