What is the pad used to polish aggregate in a Wet Edge Primera Stone finish?

Tstretch

Dec 6, 2020
Orlando FL
QUESTION: What is the sanding pad used to polish an aggregate pool finish?? And, where can I buy one?

BACKGROUND: I did NOT purchase Primera Stone, but rather Wet Edge's Signature Matrix, Cadet Blue and the finish turned out VERY rough in many places - stub your toe and make you bleed rough! I had the Orlando based Wet Edge installer come back out and a guy drained the spa and spent about 30 minutes polishing MOST of it, until it started raining and he had to stop. What he did, turned out AMAZING! But I can't get them back out to finish for 2 months now. So I'll just finish it. He used some type of diamond-based sanding pad. I think he had it attached to an old car wax buffer even. I GC'd the pool, so no concerns on warranty or anything...

Anyone know exactly what the pad is that's used and where I can get a setup like this?

It is 100 grit. I have Primera Stone and had a minor repair last year. The man made the repair and used a 100 grit round disc (6 inches) to polish. He left me a pad if I wanted to polish any surfaces that I may find.

This is super helpful! Were you able to try polishing with the pad by hand and did it work at all?
Yes, but it has to be a smallish area. I have done an area about 12 inches in diameter that that was in a corner that felt was just a little rough and just did it with my hand rubbing and it worked OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.