DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi all, assessing my pool for damage. So far the equipment pad seems ok, though I won’t know for sure until I getting it running again. I was checking out the ice to see how much still needed to melt before I could get it running again and saw some funny stuff going in with the plaster in my spa. Top few inches all the way around seems to have flaked off and has settled in the seating area. What happened? Is it salvageable? What is the best way to clean up all the loose plaster that has settled in the spa? I’m assuming I should not turn the pump on so these bits don’t end up in the pump/filter. Please advise how I should proceed. Thanks.

Attachments

• 32ADB686-BF95-4335-A117-FD5EB8ECD83C.jpeg
    32ADB686-BF95-4335-A117-FD5EB8ECD83C.jpeg
    652.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The water freezing on the plaster broke it up. It looks like there is still a layer of plaster on the gunite to waterproof it. It is largely cosmetic as long as the pool does not leak. Someday when you replaster it will look better.

should I use a plastic or wire bristle brush to try and get the remaining loose bits off the wall? What is the best way to clean up all the plaster debris without it going into the pump/filter?

Pick it out anyway you can.

Check your pump basket often to see it does not get clogged with plaster that gets picked up. If it goes into your filter you will get it when you clean the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.