Planning OB Pool/Spa in Queen Creek, AZ. Help choosing subs, etc

Dec 29, 2017
Queen Creek, AZ
Hi all, I was hoping some of the previous OB's in the valley could help me get started on this process. I have a design ready to go, but need to get engineering plans drawn up and begin looking for subs. If anybody is willing to share their list of subs, I would be very grateful! Please feel free to PM me or post here with any information you are willing to share. I know there is a large network of OB's here in the valley with a wealth of information. I'm at your mercy! Here are a couple of tentative design pics. I'm totally open to any suggested changes.

Rochford_Pool_013.jpgView attachment 72614View attachment 72615

I am in the process of OB "owner build" it is scary. this site is wonderful, and once you get people talking, you get alot of information. I will find the engineer place for my plans, once I get home. very good price

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the design. Especially how you've integrated the elevated spa.

I am in process of OB here in Tempe and I've asked the same questions on trying to identify a list of Subs. Maybe we can partner up? I can IM you and share who I have reached out to so far. Let me know.

Also I ended up using BYOP. They just completed the plans, came out and gave us some feedback. Would I say they are worth the $? I went with them b/c a close friend of mine went with them and really raved about his experience. But as with all things YMMV. I can't say that quite yet, but I've been struggling w/ their communications. For how much we paid I expected more. Pretty disappointed. BUT, to their credit and having them come out to see our location, they gave us some feedback we didn't even know/think about b/c it was unique to Tempe. Would I have found that on my own, who knows?

Specifically what we found (for anyone in Tempe) is that Tempe doesn't require a large offset from property walls like most city's do in AZ. THis allowed us to utilize more of our yard.

Let me know if you'd like to connect and share subs. Best of luck!

Looking good! I found a guy through this site who does it for 1K less than their premium package and seems to provide the same or more services. I have my drawing done and now looking for landscape designers. I just moved a 13 foot to be on the edge of my pool before anything starts. I've got some subs as a bunch of people at work were OB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.