Planning as much as possible for pool opening

You confident the CYA is 40? The dot disappears between 40 and 30?

Here’s a brain puzzler. Last night, I turned the pump off for 8 hours (thanks Marty - good tip) to see if could get any settling (this was before realizing there was algae in light). Turned the pump back on in morning and did the light cleaning as described above.

This afternoon, noticed my resting psi was 3-4 psi lower than it had been since opening 14 days ago. Even the last few days when adding DE, and frequent backwashing, right after the backwash it would rest at 17 psi. Now at 12-13. Return flows in the pool look good.

I tapped gauge and gauge has been good last 14 days.
Any explanation?

Turning the pump off lets dirt settle off the sides of the filter and settle into the bottom of the filter. It gives the filter surface a bit of a cleaning that lowers the pressure. It is common to see when you have dirt on the filter.

It’s been 3 weeks and 1 day since opening. Pool has been blue for about 2 weeks. I’ve passed OCLT for about 2 weeks. Marty has also been helping me (a lot - thank you).

For some reason my pool just will not clear. I kept slam until I passed OCLT for almost 8 days straight and we realized that it wasn’t an Algae/FC issue. I cleaned the light, light niche, all ladders etc. I took apart the filter (cut the pvc to add unions), so and performed a deep clean of the sand filter (last week).

Perhaps it is ever slow slowly clearing but it’s going extraordinarily slow...and its very hard to tell if the clarity is improving. When I brush the steps after a long period, there is a bit of proofing which I suspect is the settled cloudiness which hasn’t been filtered out.
No idea at this point on how to get this crystal clear again.

The pool is otherwise chemically balanced.

Cya 60
FC 6
TA 70
PH 7.4

Attachments

• B7E450C0-CF8D-451B-94D5-D750822A22AC.jpeg
    B7E450C0-CF8D-451B-94D5-D750822A22AC.jpeg
    751 KB · Views: 16
  • A4CAD842-7782-4293-B1A4-813823D48898.jpeg
    A4CAD842-7782-4293-B1A4-813823D48898.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 15

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is not a contest for the clearest pool. Your pool looks and sounds fine. Go swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.