Pittsburgh

Welcome to the Forum!

This is a great place for learning about water chemistry and pool maintenance.

Your question is pretty location specific so not sure how many replies you will get.

I would suggest you start now reviewing Pool School and getting ready to manage your pool when it is built.

Take care.

Easy if you have been reading much you know what I am going to say..........every area has HUGE swings in prices. The best thing you can do is call as many PB as you can and get quotes. Try for 5 but no less than 3. Once you get the quotes post them up here so we can look at them! We love to help others spend their money!

Kim:kim:

I have used and liked pool & spa outlet in cannonsburg for a fiberglass pool which is now 5 years old and still looks brand new. Fred Cerminara is the owner. I have also used and liked Del Suppo pools from Donora pa. buster del suppo was great to deal with.

Our build starts on October 1st. After much research, we are going with Rick Goga at Artistic Pools in N. Huntington (near Monroeville) They came extremely well recommended by previous clients, and even by other PB. The owners are a two generation father / son team of which one of them is on site of the build every day. The same guy that you signed the contract with is the same guy down there digging the hole. They really listened to what we wanted, asked the right questions and made us feel that we were really in this thing together. Previous clients rave about how great they were to work with and how much they proactively followed up after the build of their pool. Our dealings with them have been quite positive so far, but then again, we haven't moved one bit of dirt yet... so take this for what its worth. They weren't the least expensive, but of the 6 companies we talked to, we felt they were the best overall fit for us. I strongly recommend putting them on your list of potential builders to talk with. Artistic Pools

I also have (some) experience with Del Suppo pools. Our current pool (came with the house ....the one that's being replaced with the new build) has a Coverpool auto-cover that died last year. They are the official CP rep in the area so I called them. They fixed it and took care of a few other little things. Turns out that they were the ones that originally built the pool for the previous owner. I can say I personally haven't had any problems with the pool since we've lived here for the last 4 years.
Like Artistic, they are also a family run business that I tend to lean toward for projects like this. http://www.delsuppopools.com

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have two contractors scheduled early this week. I will check out artistic as well. Left a message with del suppo last week. Leaning towards a rectangle 14'x30'. The freeform seems to jump in cost and be less size. But again, I'm just meeting with PBs next week. Not sure about a sundeck either. We have been going back and forth on that one. Ultimately, I think size over sundeck, swg, or similar add ons to stay within budget. Exception would be a gas heater for longer season. Although that could be added later. The auto cover looks great, but again a very costly add on that would put me over the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much. That's great info.

I just wanted to add a few more helpful opinion items. If you would happen to go with fiber glass pool it is important to note hat the length and width dimensions are from outside edge to edge so a 14 foot wide fiberglass pool only has about 12 feet 9 inchs of real width. If you have the room I would do a wider than 14 feet pool regardless of type. I do agree with your comment to go for the biggest pool you can do. It is not practical to make them bigger later although I did add a splash deck later which is popular for aduts to sit in .

When I lived there, my wife and I stopped at a pool store near Ross Park Mall. We were on our bike and it was really hot. The pool guys just kept giving us free upgrades and discounts because we both looked pretty bad from riding in the heat. They were very professional and the install went great.

Been too many years to remember the name, though.

Thanks. I think Pool City is near that location. Met with one PB this evening. Meeting with 2 more tomorrow. The builders I have spoken with install vinyl liner types, no fiberglass builders yet. This project is consuming a lot of my limited brain function. Incredible amount of planning relative to install, site impact, electrical, gas, water control with my hillside, etc...even down to the minute detail of how the dog will access the grounds for her needs, ha ha. Again, thanks for all the responses. Still undecided on sun deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.