Pipe under slab

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
A friend is having his pool redone. He said the company that will be doing the work told him the pipe under the concrete around the pool will have to be pressurized when they pour the new slabs around the pool (Flat work) so they don't collapse, for an extra $700. Being a retired plumber/pipe fitter, I just don’t believe this or have ever seen it done on any job. I have seen pipes in ditches filled with water so if the ditch fills with water the pipes won’t float up. (ditches not backfilled) Any thoughts on this pressurizing the pipe? BTW I told him to join this group to learn about pool start up

The former pool that i had refinished and the current build. The plumbing is always pressurized. when its not under pressure (for putting fittings on, ect" its pressure tested again after. This is to ensure its not leaking before and after all work.

Now the $700 charge - thats friggen silly. Its standard practice and part of the job.

Reactions: SacDave
The former pool that i had refinished and the current build. The plumbing is always pressurized. when its not under pressure (for putting fittings on, ect" its pressure tested again after. This is to ensure its not leaking before and after all work.

Now the $700 charge - thats friggen silly. Its standard practice and part of the job.
They are telling him if the the pipe is not pressurized it can break . If that's true they don't know what there doing when it comes laying pipe.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.