Pinhole leak in flexible hose

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
So I have a pinhole size leak into flexible hose. Is there anyway to fix or patch it so it lasts another say 2-3 weeks before closing. My water temp is 72 and I don't want to close yet. I called 1 store near me and they are out of hoses. Would running the pump another few weeks cause the hose to completely rip? Not sure what I should do. Btw the hose leak is after my salt generator on the return side of the hose. Not the one going into the pump. I added enough bleach to bring me up to approx 12ppm of chlorine. do. IMG_0403.jpgIMG_0404.jpg

Rich

With it being on the return side it's under pressure and going to be hard to fix with glue or patches since it has pressure pushing outward. You can always try that first but I doubt it works very long. If it doesn't work I'd try to replace with a cheap piece of PVC pipe. You may need to cut the ends of the section of hose and clamp/glue them so they will connect.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Chris

I did the gorilla tape, its still leaking. Which is fine, I just want to make sure the hose doesnt explode before I put away the equipment for the winter. I ordered high quality pentair hoses to put on in the spring. I need the temps to get colder so my pool water gets in the 60s..... Right now at 72......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.