Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello-

What's everyone's thoughts on digital photometer testing vs. Taylor K2006?

An example that happened today. Chlorine reads 1.4 using Waterlink DataMate 10 from my local store and from my own test, Taylor tested 2.4 (12 drops). Alkalinity was off as well 70 from the store and 90 from Taylor.

I also have a Pool lab 1.0 and SenSafe which has been off compared to Taylor.

I'd love to get options and narrow down what to eliminate.

Thanks,

Jason

TFP endorses the use of two test kits, the Taylor K2006 and the TF100. Both are titration based.

Some members use photometer testing. That is up to them. We prefer to only provide guidance based on the two proper test kits shown above.

Being precise with a digital printout of test results does not mean the results are accurate.

NOTHING BEATS THE ACCURACY OF TITRATION TESTING.

TFP endorses the use of two test kits, the Taylor K2006 and the TF100. Both are titration based.

Some members use photometer testing. That is up to them. We prefer to only provide guidance based on the two proper test kits shown above.
Thank you. I was heavily leaning towards the K2006. Just needed that extra push.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.