Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
What’s the deal with all the concern about phosphate? It seems people who use pool stores are always being told to reduce them. Is phosphate even a concern? When did it become a thing to treat for them? How do you really know they are there? I don’t even know if I have phosphates in my water. Why would they be there? Do I even care? A by product of some chemical or organic reaction? A pic of my pool water…..cause I like posts with pics.

Attachments

• 6B9EA606-678D-428D-B042-430E7230AA10.jpeg
    6B9EA606-678D-428D-B042-430E7230AA10.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
I don’t give a flying patootie what Leslies says. I do not see *1* phosphate there. Well done. Carry on. 😁

(It’s a great scare tactic into buying their watered down phos removers. For the large majority of people they do not matter at all. For the very rare times that lots of organic runoff may cause problems, they should buy real stuff, not from the pool store)

Last edited:
Reactions: Selenap
Tfp does not consider or monitor for phosphates. When you properly maintain your water chemistry it isn't necessary to separately treat phosphates.

Reactions: Selenap
Well fantastic because I never knew of the existence of phosphates, or ammonia for that matter, could be in pool water before this forum. I’ll just faithfully continue to add some bleach when the notion takes. Phosphates in the realm that I’m accustomed to are great for cleaning stuff. Now that I think about it, they were outlawed in detergents because of algae blooms in watersheds or something.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.