Jul 23, 2017
San jose, california
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi,
My summer pool season has gone well. The pool looks good and is balanced weekly using measurements from my Taylor test kit. My kit does not test for phosphates or salt level so I took it to the local pool store (Leslie's) to get these measurements done. The salt was reading was good but the pool store person said they measured the Phosphate level as 2500. They said I needed to add 4L of PHosFree to the pool to fix this. I really do not trust their testing and not sure what to do and looking for recommendations to address this potential problem.

Phosphate level does not matter if you maintain the proper FC/CYA ratio and your water is clear and algae free.

Get the Taylor K-1106 test kit if you want to do your own test.

Reactions: setsailsoon
George,

Don't trust the pool store salt test either. Get the Taylor salt test, K1766. It's easy peasy to do and less than $30 at most outlets. It has way more reagent than you'll need for a year so store inside to preserve them.

Chris

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice. I do believe my salt level is good because I get a low salt light on my unit when it is low. My FC to CYA ratio is good so I will not worry about the phosphates at this time. I will purchase recommended salt and phosphate test kits in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.