Jul 9, 2021
West Haven, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,
Newb here, done much research, started small with a 18' round AG x 48" (7300 gal), running a 150 sqft cartridge and a Speck 1.1 VS pump I think my problem might be from having a Vision2 chlorinator with the mineral cartridge in line after the filter.

My Taylor 2006C is helping me, and i want to be BBB asap. Levels are 2.6 FC, .2 CC, 7.2 pH, 90 TA, 300 CH, 35 CYA
After going to Leslies and Namco for tests, they inform me of high copper (Leslie says .3 ppm, Namco says 1.7) and high phosphates (Leslie says 714 ppb, Namco says 1516)

I've read about sequestering agents, and will probably use that until a winter drain. Any suggestions about either problem would be appreciated, which agent is good, etc. Thanks in advance

Cindy and Dan Fenton

Hi, welcome to TFP! Don't worry about the phosphates. Get rid of the Vision2 chlorinator and use liquid chlorine for your sanitation. Are you currently having issues with staining? Metal Magic is a good sequestrant, any of the Jack's Magic line are also good.

Reactions: mguzzy and Dan7667
Hi, welcome to TFP! Don't worry about the phosphates. Get rid of the Vision2 chlorinator and use liquid chlorine for your sanitation. Are you currently having issues with staining? Metal Magic is a good sequestrant, any of the Jack's Magic line are also good.
yes, good advice about the chlorinator, no stains at all, pool water looks fantastic, will research Jacks Magic and Metal Magic, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.