Phantom Easytouch programming changes

Yesterday I installed Screenlogic2 into my Easytouch 8 along with an actuator for my water feature. Yesterday evening everything looked like it was working fine and I was super proud of myself because everything worked great on first try except cam adjust on the actuator. Man is that a pain!

Fast forward to this morning and when I turn on the pool, the water feature isnt working. Somehow mysteriously the circuit I had the water feature valve programmed to (Aux4) was now programmed to operate Solar, a circuit I don't even use. Also, I noticed while programming the app last night that every time I hid the SPA circuit, also something I don't use, it came back mysteriously.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have a theory, but wanted to post this to the forum to ask before providing my speculations.

I've been using the phone, but have the PC setup as well. I've used it to program "Don't Show" on the Spa Circuit and it keeps coming back from that programming attempt also. I'm sure I'm doing it right because after reprogramming and relaunching ScreenLoigic Connect, the Spa circuit doesn't appear.

One thing I'm curious about, even though this might be unlikely, is that I had to wire both the Screenlogic and my Intelliflo into the same com port since I don't have the com port expansion board yet. Could this be causing communication issues that might create these kind of issues? The com port expansion board is on it's way and should be here next week.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-22 102857.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-22 102857.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 3
Brad,

There is just one com port no matter how many "connections" there may be.. Each item has its own address, so connecting to the same port was how it was designed and works fine.

If you programmed using your PC and not your phone, then I have no idea what is happening... :(

Thanks,

Jim R.

I decided to try it a different way. Instead of marking the circuit as "Don't Show" in the display, I decided to mark the circuits as [NOT USED]. It seems to look good at this point and accomplish the same goal in a different way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-22 114033.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-22 114033.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.