pH wil not go down

With very high TA level it can take a dramatic amount of acid to lower the PH. If you have borates in the water it can take even more acid to shift the PH.

One special case to watch out for, if the FC level is very high (roughly 18+), the PH test will not work correctly and will report false results.

The other fairly unlikely possibility is that your PH reagent has gone bad. It might be good to do a double check on say your tap water and make sure the PH test is working.

I inherited a pool service when I moved in this house. After a couple months, I bought a 3 in 1 test kit. pH was maxed. I wasn't sure if it was plaster or painted, the pool store sold me dry acid. I put the whole 10 pounds in (not all at once) and pH didn't budge. By then I determined it was unpainted, so I bought Muriatic Acid. It took a whole gallon to finally nudge the pH into the center of the test block.

So your experience is not unique at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.