PH to high

RCarnochan

May 19, 2019
Greensboro, MD
Trying to find out how much muriatic acid I need to lower my PH.
17,000 Gallon Vinyl pool inground
Current test results
FC 4.5
PH 8.2
TA 440
CYA Below 20

I know I need to add muriatic acid and aerate to lower my TA. I can't get the pool math app to work.
My pool is very green now and I am planning to slam, however I want to get my PH right fir

The amount of acid depends on strength. My app said no effect too when I used 31.45., havent used it for ma yet this year. Worked ok when plugged in 14.5. 1gal lowers ph .9 using 14.5% ma

Trying to find out how much muriatic acid I need to lower my PH.
17,000 Gallon Vinyl pool inground
Current test results
FC 4.5
PH 8.2
TA 440
CYA Below 20

I know I need to add muriatic acid and aerate to lower my TA. I can't get the pool math app to work.
My pool is very green now and I am planning to slam, however I want to get my PH right fir

Get your pH to 7.2 and get enough stabilizer dissolving to raise your CYA to 30 and SLAM Process away!

Deal with lowering your TA after you get the water clear.

What test kit do yoru have? Is it new?

There are two selections for MA in the app. Do NOT select the one that is 31.45% (20 Be) Muriatic Acid. That one has a fault in it. Use the 31.45% Muriatic Acid. It will calculate correctly.

The bug will be worked out at the next update.

I have a TF 100. It is an old kit, but I reorder new chemicals each year.

I am trying to understand if the R-0009 for the TA test is new?

The instructions say to wipe the tip on a damp cloth between every drop. The reason is new bottles can have static electricity that affects the drop size and gives high incorrect readings. If you didn't do the wipe tip between drops I suggest you retest.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The R-0009 is from last season. I did not wipe the tip. I will try it again and wipe it to make sure I get a correct reading.

I am trying to understand if the R-0009 for the TA test is new?

The instructions say to wipe the tip on a damp cloth between every drop. The reason is new bottles can have static electricity that affects the drop size and gives high incorrect readings. If you didn't do the wipe tip between drops I suggest you retest.

I can not even get the app to work. It just says my phone must of went swimming.

Over the last few days we’ve tried and tried to recreate this error with no luck. Yesterday evening we launched a build to help us pin point the error and we’re hoping today the version we released to Android completely fixes the error. If all goes well the issue is fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.