milesvdustin

Jun 7, 2015
Marion, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Testing PH of just opened pool. Test shows crazy high ph, off the charts. I have added a gallon of fresh muriatic acid now and it still shows high. Keep adding acid?

Pool is green, was clear when closed. Inground, mesh cover. Lots of worms the robot is picking up

If your FC is 10+, the PH test is invalid and you need to wait until the FC dips below 10.

If it's already below 10, any PH out of range looks like 8.2 or 6.8. It could be a 9 and you try to lower it 8.2 to 7.6 and it only really lowers it to 8.6, which still looks like 8.2.

Test, dose, mix, verify. Repeat as many times as necessary when low, or high. *when FC is below 10.

any PH out of range looks like 8.2 or 6.8. It could be a 9 and you try to lower it 8.2 to 7.6 and it only really lowers it to 8.6, which still looks like 8.2.
So the color looks way way more vibrant than the 8.2 on the block. I have a brand new tf test kit pro in the zipper case. The comparator block seems cheap.

i'm taking a stab at ammonia. Can you get FC to hold or does it go right back to zero? do you have zero cya?
Ammonia has low pH.

What are the Signs that Ammonia is in Pool Water?​

• Disappearing CYA
  • High CC
  • Low ph
  • Inability to hold chlorine level

I will get a picture after work.

I did hold 11 FC overnight with no drop, which seems strange considering the pool was dark green and I just started with the CL 8 hours before dark. The pool is a dark bluish gray now.
CYA measured out at 15-ish and I added 4 pounds, its in skimmer socks dissolving in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like about 7.2 - 7.4. Try one less drop of the indicator solution, that sometimes helps match the color blocks better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.