FC=3.5
CC=0
pH=7.5
TA=130
CH=225
CYA=0
Salt=3200
Temp=86

So numbers were worse a few days ago, with pH at 8.4. I concentrated on pH 1st and got it down to 7.5, but that is as far down as it will go. Pool Math says to get pH to 7.0-7.2 to lower my TA to the goal of 70. What should I do?

Today, I've started tackling the other levels starting with CYA. I just added 2lbs (it's all I had on hand) of CYA. I'll keep adding 2 lbs at a time to get to the target of 75.

What else should I be doing?

Don’t go chasing a perfect TA....let your pH dictate things. Lower your pH with acid and allow it to go back up naturally. When it hits 7.8’ish.....lower it again. As you add acid your TA will come down too.

The main goal to lower your TA is to help control your pH increase. If your pH is stable.....rock your current TA and enjoy a beverage. Take a look at the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry for some more details on these levels. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.