pH Rises 0.1 Every Day

Yep, that's within range. If you're not seeing any calcium scale anywhere, you're good to go!

Salt does build up over time, in every pool, and it does drive CSI down, so you can't ignore it indefinitely. The Taylor kit is only about 25 bucks.

Hey, that's an interesting indicator, though keep in mind the "taste test" is different for each person. I'm not sure I'd trust my plaster's longevity to just that! ;)

Yes, pH is the largest "mover" of CSI, and you can use that to balance the other contributors. For example, when calcium starts to collect, you adjust pH to keep CSI in range. Same could go for salt, too, I suppose, but you're already at the upper range for pH, so you don't have anywhere up to go.

Sounds like you've already figured out how to fool around in Pool Math to see how everything interacts with everything else. I learned a lot about my pool's chemistry by doing that.

Hi there! I'm back! Thought I'd report after a few months. If you recall, my original problem was my pool's acid appetite to get pH down. What appears to have worked is to get my TA down to 70 and have not used acid since then as my pH stayed at 7.8 or below. I've used liquid chlorine through the late summer through the fall. Today's test results:

FC: 6
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 90
CH: 250
CYA: 40

My CYA got as low as 30, so I've been using pucks since. Now I will stop. My TA crept slowly up from 70 to today's 90. Don't know why but it's still within range so I won't worry about it. Last week it was 80, so maybe I just made a test mistake. My pH has been steady at between 7.8 to 7.6 for months. My CH is on the low side, so I'll use Cal Hypo to chlorinate for a few weeks and see. Yiminy - I've got liquid chlorine, Cal Hypo and pucks at my house to use whenever it seems right, so at least I'm not throwing anything away. In sum, pool seems in balance and all I'm doing are minor adjustments to try to keep the numbers in the middle. No more acid since we last talked.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: DJ de Jesus
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity
Are letters acknowleding the fact that a charitable donation was made issued? Doesn't have to state the amount just that a donation was received. Otherwise, I guess it could be considered like a weekly church donation thing unless someone donates, say, $1,000 or the Mona Lisa or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.