PH regeant

Can't you just use a lot more - like 15 drops of R0004 or use a much smaller water sample size. I thought that what matters here is the tint from yellow at 7 or below to bright pinky purple at 8 and above. And the tint seems to be the same no matter how much you add.

Can't you just use a lot more - like 15 drops of R0004 or use a much smaller water sample size. I thought that what matters here is the tint from yellow at 7 or below to bright pinky purple at 8 and above. And the tint seems to be the same no matter how much you add.

The R-0014 is meant to be used with a comparator block that has roughly 5.5mL of water in it. The R-0004 uses the 2000 series comparator which has a 44mL water sample for pH. So, since the volume difference is about a factor of 8 but without knowing the concentration difference between the two reagents, it's hard to know how many drops to add exactly. I did the experiment with my water which is at 7.4 -

5 drops of R-0004 in the #9056 (2000 Series Comparator block) and 2 drops of R-0004 in the midget comparator that comes with the K-1000 -

IMG_4701.jpg

Based on those results, I would think that the R-0004 is about 1.5X more concentrated than the R-0014 drops....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.