Montgomery Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just curious why on the TFKits site they don’t sell the R0015 Acid Demand reagent ? Went to Taylor site and they wanted $16 for shipping. Amazon doesn’t sell it either. I have the residential Kit and the k2006 kit . I seem to read better from the R0014 vrs the R0004

There really is no need for acid demand. Test your pH and use PoolMath to determine how much muriatic acid to add to reduce your pH to target level. Reduce in .4 increments.
I do that but being almost color blind i use the acid demand just to change the color for for my eyes

Are you trying to zero in on the PH ? With SWGs liking to ride the high 7s as they do, you really only care about 8+. 7.6 or 7.8 isn't going to change the price of beer. It's either good, or time to dose. After you dose back to a high 7, it's either good, or you need another dose because the test only reads to 8/8.2 and it may have been higher than you thought.

I've found its easier for me to spot the purple-y shade, (time to dose) than to try and figure out which pink it is.

I also take a finger from either hand and block off the one above and below the PH I want to compare. I find it's easier to say this one here does or doesn't match, than to guess which one of the 3 match closer.

Reactions: Walter2050
Are you trying to zero in on the PH ? With SWGs liking to ride the high 7s as they do, you really only care about 8+. 7.6 or 7.8 isn't going to change the proce of beer. It's either good, or time to dose. After you dose back to a high 7, it's either good, or you need another dose because the test only reads to 8/8.2 and it may have been higher than you thought.

I've found its easier for me to spot the purple-y shade, (time to dose) than to try and figure out which pink it is.

I also take a finger from either hand and block off the one above and below the PH I want to compare. I find it's easier to say this one here does or doesn't match, than to guess which one of the 3 match closer.
Thank you sir

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.