Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Hey Guys... Just did a stain removal with the acid treatment. Everything went great and am very pleased with the results!! My question is the instruction on the site say to keep Ph at 7.0. TFP quidelines say to keep it in the mid 7's. Just a little confused so I thought I would ask the Pros. Thanks in advance!!!
Sami

Sami, during an AA treatment the pH (and FC) is lowered. But once the AA is complete, the pH is allowed to increase a little higher. Of course the iron was only removed from the pool surfaces, so it's still in your water. So at this point it is important keep the pH from climbing too high. I would "try" to not let the pH exceed 7.5 if possible. Also balance the FC closely with the current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. You have to avoid algae, but not get too high there either. An elevated FC and pH can aggravate iron. Also depends on how much iron is actually in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.