Carshell

Jul 12, 2023
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought the ph meter with my test kit as an add on. Tried calibrating it last night and it must not have worked as the ph reading is 8-9 even though it’s more like 7.3-7.4 with the drop test. I ordered more buffer solution to hopefully try again so any tips from you guys on getting the calibration right this time?? If it doesn’t work I may just send it back…

Send it back.

If you want a pH meter buy a Apera20 with calibrating solutions.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Which one is the most “fool proof” way to calibrate?😂
The Apera pH20 or 60 has auto calibration. You place it in pH 4, 7, and 10 calibrating solution and it does the rest.

The Hanna meter linked above needs a screwdriver used to adjust the calibration.

Reactions: Carshell and mgtfp
The Apera pH20 or 60 has auto calibration. You place it in pH 4, 7, and 10 calibrating solution and it does the rest.

The Hanna meter linked above needs a screwdriver used to adjust the calibration.
Hmm... my Hanna meter also has autocalibration - single point at 7.00 or dual point at 7.00 and 4.00. Strange the Amazon description does say manual calibration and that is the one I bought? The third picture even shows the calibration mode with meter dipped in the reference solution.

Hmm... my Hanna meter also has autocalibration - single point at 7.00 or dual point at 7.00 and 4.00.

For the pool pH range it is more important the pH meter calibrates at is 7.0 and 10.0. pH 4.0 is not important for us.

I figure if the ph meter is off even by .1 or .2 I’m still in the ballpark. To each their own in how to test the key is to be consistent any way you do it - that way you are looking for inconsistent or unusual test answers as a flag to look closer

Reactions: Carshell

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the Hanna website the user manual showing autocalibration. Kind of strange the Amazon description is different?

I always use an Electrode Storage Solution between uses and find it keeps calibration very well (normally dead-on through the whole pool swimming season).

Edit looks like from the user manual you can also do one or two point calibration at PH 10.0

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.