PH levels won’t stay down

May 14, 2016
Edmond
Hello
Last summer I got into a rhythm with my pool, testing TC and PH about every other day or two and adding bleach about every other day and adding acid once or twice a week to maintain levels suggested in pool school. This summer, more fluctuation with both TC and PH. Currently, I’m coming off my second SLAM this summer and the PH level seems to creep up every day even when I add acid every day. The TA level is 70-80 (depending on how red “red” is). I’m having to add muratic acid pretty much every day to keep the PH down to 7.2-7.5 range. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Why are you targeting the pH into the low 7's? What is your CH?

Unless you have the potential for scaling, I would let your pH rise into the upper 7's and see if it stabilizes more to at least go several days if not a week or more without MA additions.

See if your pool is happier keeping PH around 7.8 +/- .2

PH of 7.2 is tough to keep stable unless your TA is very low. You may want to try knocking your TA down to 60.

Confirm you don't have a SWG, or water features, and your returns are pointed down and don't ripple the water. All those aerate the water and raise the PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.