PH is TOO stable?

My TA is 70 my Borate level is 30-50. For three weeks now my PH has been 7.5 7.6. It's like it hit a wall...How long have you went without adjusting your PH?
Three seasons.

My pH stays at 7.4, the only thing I add to my pool is chlorine. I consider myself lucky.

TA is 80ppm, no borates.

Some people have it, but most have to adjust. I wish I didn't but it's all in your makeup water...too bad for me.

I bought the autopilot total control last year because I wanted to be able to install the PH sensor and pump if I found myself having to adjust a lot. So far not an issue, but figure since unit was same cost as one without that option, made sense to go that way.

Count yourself lucky. There are quite a few folks who haven't adjusted their pH in years. And then there are the other billion of us who have to work it. :)

I have read that some people don't have to adjust that often but didn't think it would level out this quick being my first real season open. I opened March 26th for the first time. I will say though that I researched all winter getting ready. Maybe I learned something from you great folks! Im sure it is my water makeup though...but Ill tell my wife it is me...:p

Without borates and lowering TA, using acid and aeration, mine would be three or four times a week. Now, I count myself lucky to get through a couple weeks without adjusting pH, and a couple months without adjusting TA. Yep, it's all about fill water and evaporation rates.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.